setting free the one day pile

One of my luxury items in life is the occasional Magazine...I love looking through the Home and living type magazines, just taking in all the yummy colours, the weird and wonderful house "stuff", and dreaming of what I'd like to do with our house (alas a rental) if I could.. then storing away all those neat little ideas in the "one day" pile...

When I was in College I went through a phase where "ond day" I wanted to be a Interior Designer and for some reason our Careers Advisor said I'd have to do Physics...dont ask me why!?... so I turned up to our first Physics class of the year only to find myself surrounded by the maths and science brains. It should have tipped me off right then and there that this might not be my forte!!

 To cut a long story short,I lasted one class and then changed to Drama, yup big career move I know :) hence that idea went out the window... Looking back I could have done a bit more investigation about my options... but ahh well It was just not meant to be...

It can be soo easy dreaming about what we could do with our lives or our homes or our jobs, dreaming so much that we stop giving things a go, ending up with one big pile of "one days"...

A friend once said to me "You can't perfect anything you haven't started".  And how true is that!

So I'm putting a challange to myself to start trying the things that have been in my "one day" pile for long enough... for me I'd love to do more painting and I have all these little ideas in my head but thats as far as I've gone...

When I was teaching Art it was painful to watch a student trying to perfect a painting on the first go. Only to make something that looked over thought and over worked; rather than letting their design grow and begin to flow through a series of pieces along with their ability...this is what I want to start to learn to do again...starting things rather than just bottling them up for some other day when everything is just right.

The flip side of all this is that you can get too imersed in what your doing, busy creating the "Perfect" palace around yourself. Always striving to make it all just that little bit better. And never satisfied with the results no matter how many times you re-arrange the ornaments...

And So it seems life is a balance of enjoying our "stuff" without letting it take over, Catching Dreams in the "one day" pile and yet remembering to set them free...
xoxo

Comments