An invitation to r e s t...

I've been away for awhile - checked out - you could say... its been a rough passage this last year, settling into life with 2 little boys who love every minuet of life, getting back into a sense of rhythm (whatever that is) and then finding myself pregnant again with the worst morning sickness out of the 3 yet... not fun...

So needless to say I've really struggled with carving out time for myself that's not sitting wasted on the couch - cant move/ think...sorta time... that thing they call "R E S T".

Anyways today I came across a drawing I'd done awhile back and i felt God re-encouraged me through it afresh - so here it is to maybe encourage you too?

I l o v e the imagery of Boats, to me they speak of potential - coming, going, adventure, safe haven... And so I l o v e that Jesus would frequently not just use them for transport but as refuge from his day ~ "very early in the morning while it was still dark, Jesus got up and left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed" (mark 1:35)
though it doesn't say where that solitary place was, I can imagine it was on a little boat...
'He said to them "come with ME by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place" (mark 6:31-32)

I can imagine Jesus getting up while the stars are still out and slipping off shore in a small boat. Anchoring up to watch the stars blink out one by one.  And as the sunrises in all its colour painted across the horizon, Its just him and His father.

And I felt like God spoke to my heart and asked me... where is your boat, where is your place of rest?
 ~ "come away with me by yourself to a quiet place and get some rest..."

As a mother amidst the unceasing busyness this is something I'm not finding at the moment and not as a burden but invitation I felt like he was holding out his hand and asking me/you to step into his boat...



Where is that place of rest for you?
Are you going there at the moment?
 You have an invitation to step away from the busyness and into his rest...

xoxo 

Comments