Time is not of the essence...

The other day I got a picture of our letter box in my head and so I decided to draw the picture in my mind not really knowing why... I've decided that if I get pictures like that alot of the time they turn out to have some significance, if not for then, then another day. 

...Then not long after I was reminded of a word of encouragement I felt God gave me for a friend...

I was out shopping for something and out of the blue this lovely object caught my eye.  At a glance it seemed completely out of place, squished right down the bottom of the shelf only half in sight...But none the less there it was calling out to me :) And right away I felt like God said that's for... to encourage her with her shop...{this is a dream she has...} I went back in forth between my head and my heart for a few seconds wondering if I had indeed heard right and then feeling very HAPPee decided it was too random NOT to get it, so did so...

Then after getting it home I forgot about it for a few days and then when I remembered next as I got my friend on my heart I felt like God said let her know " Time is not of the essence..." and then for some reason the picture of our letter box came back to me...

...stay with me here, yes there is a point to all of this... :)

When thinking of the letter box I was reminded of the process it takes to either give or receive a gift through the post.. I remember once I'd gotten something for one of my sisters probably nothing too exciting but the point was I'd posted it and looked forwards to hearing that she'd received it.  Giving is one of my love languages so knowing that someone has received the gift and their reaction etc is a huge part of the giving... anyway this one time she still hadn't gotten it and then to my disappointment I received it return to sender back in the mail.  I hadn't gotten the postage right so i then had fix that up and send it off again only to wait for her to receive it days later.

When someone tells you that they are sending you something; how often have we then checked the mail box with the hope it might have arrived or thought to ourselves 'maybe it will come today?'...

I see it the same with our dreams; the things that we want badly to happen but have not, or we felt God gave us a word about something that would happen but it still hasn't...
Do we not do the same thing? Wonder to ourselves, when will it come? or I know its coming but when will it be here?... and after awhile sometimes it feels like we say to ourselves "it must have gotten lost in the post" or "maybe I didn't hear right and it was never coming in the first place"...

My friend who I've got this little present for {yes sorry you will get it when i see you next!} also really encouraged me because she too has a blog and she had written me basically saying it wasn't quite what she was wanting to do but it was a stepping stone a platform from which to start from...

 This REALLy encouraged me because this blog for me is not exactly what I want to be doing but its a stepping stone - its a start. 

And thinking back to the post box and that word God said "Time is Not of the essence"... I felt was also for me and perhaps for someone else too...

You see we can often compare ourselves to people around us that seem to be going places or achieving exciting things and think "I'm nowhere near anything at the moment" and then we think "what do I need to be doing to make this thing happen faster!" upon which we spiral into self doubt and condemnation that we arn't pushing ourselves hard enough or persevering enough and if we had a little more self discipline and drive we would get there...

But what if God really was saying... "Time is not of the essence..." another words just let the natural progression happen and enjoy the little steps as much as the big leaps and no its not lost in the post but perhaps its taking a wonderful adventure before it gets to its destination and it will be all the more complete for doing so...

...the parcel is coming but speed of which is does, will not diminish its value...


xoxo

Comments