learning to find rest at home ~ drawing

Tonight I sat down and drew for about an hour...
 No TV, no music, just the last rays of sun for the day...   And in that time I thought of nothing...
No thoughts about how great or average my day was or how the kids had gone, how I felt, or any other care in my world apart from what I was drawing...

It was like I drew in a deep breath and for all that time was slowly letting it out and with it, all my cares drifted out and away...

sounds so cheesy I know, but during that time without knowing it I felt right at home, I was doing exactly what I was created to do and all was well with my soul...

How sad though that often we find rest and comfort,and that feeling of "WELCOME HOME!!" in the last place that we go looking for it...

I hope I can learn from this and relearn how I do rest...relearn what it is to be at HOME, not just physically but in all other ways too..


xoxo


Comments