"Hut day MONDAY" {keeping it simple parenting}

So when I have all three Little Mr's at home, honestly its been my dread day and has resulted in many a "just get in the car we're going for a drive!!!" days.... (anyone relate!? ;) so for the last two weeks I've played a little game to try help myself out and give me a bit of inspiration - set a goal for what to do - and hence I came up with "HUT DAY Monday" 

This particular Monday it happened to be a rainy day so it was the perfect setting for indoor play.  Now just a little note I did however wait for Leeland who is 1 1/2 to have his sleep as I pictured him just loving destroying our build and thinking it was the best thing since his last run through the sheets hanging on the line....


do you notice the make believe tea party happening in back ground :) every little boy needs to be introduced to a tea party in my books...


snack of choice good old pot popped pop corn and chai tea - tray later came in handy as one of the Mr's lost half his tea thankfully caught by the tray! 

add fairy lights just because you can!!

draw the curtains for night time and then open them for morning (waky waky rise and shine everyone) the boys loved the darker the better

Hut building takes me back to when I was a little girl - me and my sisters would make them out of blankets or I especially remember making them out of freshly chopped down branches in our back yard...



And best of all there's no rules or need to get materials you just use whatever blankets you can find and rearrange the furniture however it happens.  The biggest challenge I think is to then actually take a moment to actually sit with them in it and enjoy the view and the moment - have a snack - have a cuppa just whatever it takes to get in there and pause.....





Hope this sparks a little idea for one of those days where you have completely ran out of energy for how to direct your kids to play - or maybe your already a legend at making huts for your kids either way - "Hut Monday" will definitely be something to add to my bag of tricks for things to do with the kids ;)




and PS if it all comes crashing down in a pile of blankets and squealing kids ~ ahhhh well let it go ~ I'm sure they had fun destroying it! Often their memories of events are alot different than ours...



xoxo 


Comments