the greatest thing is just to love and be loved in return

Do you ever have those days where you are asking yourself what is the meaning of life?

I stumbled upon two documentaries latley Avcii true stories and the last shaman and I think it struck me with great saddness the role firstly we as parents have in shaping the future thoughts and lives course of our children but also how we all were created to have a relationship with our creator and out of that be creative in what ever form is our best fit -

In both these stories these two men were searching how to get there - as we all are, but it was with a sadness looking on just seeing at what point was it enough.
 Avcii committed suicide this year. if only he'd known that his love for music could have been for more than just entertainment.
 But that it could have been out of a response to the creator of the universe. James who featured in the last shaman was trying to find his place in the world, wanting to be free of depression and yet putting himself through what looked like hell to get there as he dabbled in asian medicine.. I dont know where he is now but I wonder what and how different his life could be if he know that he could have a relationship with the creator of love itself. That he could know his worth just as he was.

And then I look to my own life. I sometimes feel a struggle to fit into my family. To feel loved. and to have a realationship with God, who created me. He knows everything about me, but often I forget to talk about the things that I'm struggling with in a day. Why do we find living so hard? And then I look around me and see the wild nature of my 5 boys. 5 Boys!! and I tell myself hey you are doing so well, do not let the opions of others and even your own make you feel small.

And I think of the saying the greatest thing in all the world is just to love and be loved in return.

And I am

And you are

we were created to be loved and to reflect this back around us. my constant work on is the "to love" part - to love myself and love others....

We can live out of this place, and it doesnt matter what our occupation is or the success of our natural life. Because at the end of the day the scale is even and there is no one better than each other.

You could be in the middle of the amazon or in the middle of a sea of music ravers and nothing will seperate you from this eternal way.

And so I sit here looking at my imperfect surroundings but with a sense of deep peace that I am loved and have love to give. Connected to the creator....

xoxo carolyn

Comments