thirsty

Recently I've been diagnosed with cronic fatique... Sometimes lables that are put on us, can be down right unhelpful. 

That we might be melancholic, depressed, big boned bla bla bla those are just a few of the ones that have graced my shores over the years. And yes they represent an aspect of truth but its when we then let those labels stick so tightly that we live our lives looking back rather than moving forwards. 

I felt a sense of relief when I realised that having reached a point where my body is just not enjoying itself the way it is.  It was a good jolt for me. And part of this jolt to make a change not only for myself but for the whole family.

I've gone down the gluten free/ dairy free framework before.  But then after actually feeling great Ive tricked myself into believing things like "well I don't have Celiacs so I don't need to eat this way..." or "I'm feeling great so now I can have that chocolate or cake because I've lost some weight therefore I'm allowed to have some of that now...."

Can you see how these Lies just put us right back to where we started.

I love the story of the woman who Jesus meets at a well as she is drawing up water.

Jesus shares {john 4:13-15}

 “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again.  But whoever drinks the water that I give him will never be thirsty again. But the water that I give him will become in him a spring of water [satisfying his thirst for God] welling up [continually flowing, bubbling within him] to eternal life.”
 The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, so that I will not get thirsty nor [have to continually] come all the way here to draw.”

The part “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again..." Jumped out at me, and immediately I thought about how with food addictions and emotional eating, or maybe any addiction it never satisfies.  I can eat and eat until I feel physically uncomfortable and yet still want more...  


what amazes me even more though is that God in one moment can open our eyes to something that for so many years has just been yet another area of wrong thinking and bad habits...or that well of emptiness we've been drawing from expecting it to satisfy...

so on this journey to allow God to heal areas that seem to seek addictions to soothe I'm trying to go to him to help me walk out the journey and bring health and wholeness not only to my body but spirit and soul...

What I love also about the story of the woman at the well was that after she recieved something through that encounter with Jesus she couldnt help but share it with others. I love that. I'd love to be able to do that too...

xoxo





Comments