Iron on Transfers + Buttons + Fabric

I created these when I was pregnant with Titus, they say you get to a stage where you all of a sudden have a urge to nest - for me it was the drive to make stuff.  I cant say I'd ever done much "Craft" before, but while I couldnt use Oils during the pregnancy (cause they say the fumes are bad for the buba) I found a different way to vent the arty bug... As i remember I also made "owly" who features on one of the earliest blogs and also heaps of bunting.... When I look back I cant believe what a luxury It was, to spend day after day, driving my husband nuts with all my projects creative mess - Oh those were the days, I had so much fun!!






(Sorry for the lack of Image quality.......)
How I made these:

 I printed the bird images on iron on transfer paper you put in the printer - and just used images I got off the net (lovemae wall decals) Our printer was really average and running out of ink so all the colours went a little crazy. I nearly sindged some of the images so getting the heat right can be tricky...

 Then I just sewed on the buttons or the little wooden pendants I found in a sewing shop and wrapped the fabric around canvases (Using a stapler)... I thought this would look neat in Embroidery Hoops but didnt have the right sizes at the time..

There are so many possibilities you could create with these... I hope to make some more one day :)

x o x o

Comments