New little projects

Well as I've said before I love a project and so this week I've set out to start giving some love to our kitchen. When we bought our house we had a week before we moved in to do some needed TLC! This included ripping out the carpet in the kitchen and I also took out the heavy dark wood cabinets with black leadlight in the glass, and replaced with open shelves. Everything was dark brown and shiny, so I had only ever done a scrappy primer coat on the cabinets and then some of the hinges had broken so after awhile I had four open spaces that Moses has loved pulling every out of (soooo many broken dishes!!!)
So anyways been on the to do list for too long, and I finally realised I could just replace hinges (duh!!) so iv now just got one of the large cupboards to replace the hinges on and all the cabinets are good to go!!!


So using what I already had I've painted the front island a warm grey and started painting the inside cupboards (half alabaster in a satin, aqua enamel). I still need to do probably two more coats on them but it's soo much nicer to be in there now! (By the way I hope my messy benches make you feel better about your kitchen I'm always hovering on dishes done/entire dishes waiting to be washed - whoops!!)



I had played around on Pinterest looking for the "perfect" solution. Also scrolling on trademe for handles but realised I could actually just use what I already have!! 

Sometimes I think we spend money just for the fun of it but really we could use what's around us and make it work too (you should have seen the scrap of sandpaper I was determined to get away with!)

So my next mission will be to also paint the top of the top of the front island and then I'm needing to do something for the oven area splash back wise but haven't settled on that idea yet . 

Well have a great weekend!!

Comments